With Your Help, We Will Always Be Here to Rely On
When it comes to providing the best care to our community, EAMC depends on gifts from friends and former patients like you. Through a planned gift, you can support our mission today, with cash or stock for example, or design a plan as part of your estate that benefits us after your lifetime. By extending your support this way, you will enable our services to progress alongside the frequent changes of the industry and technology, ensuring that your family and friends can rely on us for years to come.
Planned giving is visionary giving. For years, people like you have seen a future where the next generation is healthier than the last. They have made this vision a reality with legacy gifts and bequests to hospitals like East Alabama Medical Center (EAMC). What could be a greater return on your investment that to realize what your gift will mean to the health and well-being of generations to come?
Your planned gift, through a will, trust, retirement plan or other contribution, qualifies you for membership in The Legacy Society of EAMC Foundation. Please notify the Foundation of any arrangements you have made for EAMC in you will to join.
When you stand together with us to provide high quality, compassionate health care to the community for years to come by making a planned gift to East Alabama Medical Center Foundation, you join a group of supporters who share your love for our charitable cause. We call this inspirational group The Legacy Society.
How We Thank Our Members
Besides feeling good about your generous gift, as part of The Legacy Society, you'll also enjoy:
- Recognition in the annual report.
- Invitations to receptions and special events.
- An invitation to the annual reception honoring Legacy Society members.
How You Can Join
When you include us in your will, trust or other part of your estate plan, please notify the Foundation office so we can properly thank you and welcome you into The Legacy Society.
The goal of the EAMC Foundation Planned Giving Advisory Council is to develop and strengthen relationships between EAMC Foundation and planned giving professionals in the region, to increase the understanding of the mission of EAMC and its need for philanthropic support, and to foster legacy gifts to EAMC Foundation.
Planned Giving Advisory Council
Frequently Asked Questions
Planned Giving is the thoughtful process of arranging a gift to a charitable organization, like EAMC. It focuses your philanthropic goals and maximizes your tax saving and estate benefits. It is a gift that may be used today or it may be planned now for EAMC to receive in the future
A planned gift may save you taxes, increase your spendable income, preserve your assets and allow you to use your gift during your lifetime. All while making a difference in people's lives.
- You can give a life insurance policy to charity and take an income tax deduction
- Property, such as real estate or stock, which has increased in value
- A percentage of the residue of your estate or a specific dollar amount
- You can fund a bequest to a charity from retirement plan assets
- The benefit of a charitable gift annuity is that you make a one-time gift, receive an immediate tax credit, and receive a fixed amount of income for your lifetime
- There are many different types of trusts that offer tax advantages to the donor and/or their families
Talk with your attorney or financial planner about what options are best for you.